- 40th Anniversary of the Summit New York Fire District Rescue Squad
40th Anniversary of the SummitNew York Fire District Rescue Squad
- History of the Chicago Fire Department Emergency Ambulance Service
This article provides a historical overview of the Chicago Fire Department's development of its original emergency ambulance service that transgressed into a modern EMS system of today.
- History of the Memphis Fire Department Emergency Units
This article described the origin of the City of Memphis Fire Department's Emergency Unit (EU) Program and how it has evolved over the decades to one of our Nation's premier services.
- JEMS Out of the Darkness
There’s nothing more powerful and compelling than hearing the facts aboutan incident directly from a first person source. We have done that in the development of the four-volume historic report, Out of the Darkness, presented here.To do so, we spent time with key personnel in each involved city to discuss the events of
- Planning and Developing a Prehospital MICU-Beekman Downtown Hospital- NYC
The purpose of this article is to suggest a model for the design of an urban prehospital care delivery system taking into account the costs involved, the approach to establishing and maintaining new programs, and the question of the general distribution of resources in terms of the medical commons.
- DAYS BEHIND THE GONG RECALLED BY EX-AMBULANCE SURGEON OF BROOKLYN
24 June 1906 The writer served for nearly four months as ambulance surgeon in one of our large hospitals in Greater New York, and during that time enjoyed many interesting experiences. Occasionally in the daily press the ambulance surgeon's life is described as a hard one, weighed down by scenes of woe and violence,
- CPR and the First Defibrillator- Drs. Kouwenhoven, Jude and Knickerbocker
The story of how Defibrillation and CPR were invented at Johns Hopkins Medical Center
- 1969-Los Angeles Area Paramedic Programs
This provides a brief overvire of the historic development of paramedic programs within the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area.
- 1969-Seattle "Medic 1" Paramedic Program
A brief introduction of the history of Seattle's "Medic 1" Paramedic Program in the late 60's and early 70's.
- 1967-Metro Ambulance Service (Atlanta, Georgia)
The history of Metro Ambulance Service of Atlanta, Georgia and one of the Nation's first EMS paramedic programs.
- To The Rescue Museum
On May 28, 1928, Wise and nine coworkers at the Norfolk and Western Railway organized the world's first volunteer rescue squad, The Roanoke Life Saving and First Aid Crew. The Julian Stanley Wise Foundation formed in 1988 to chronicle the history of the volunteer rescue squad movement and emergency medical. On
- Julian Stanley Wise and the Roanoke Lifesaving and First Aid Crew
On May 28, 1928, Wise and nine coworkers at the Norfolk and Western Railway organized the world's first volunteer rescue squad, The Roanoke Life Saving and First Aid Crew.
- EMERGENCY RESCUE, INC.- Dekalb County Ga.
In 1969 Emergency Rescue, Inc. (ERI) was formed as a volunteer ambulance squad to serve the growing central south portion of Dekalb County, Georgia.
- Early FDNY Ambulance "New Hospital on Wheels"
BRINGS FIRST AID TO MEN WHO FIGHT NEW YORK’S FIRES FIVE-ALARM FIRE! Thirty-five engines and trucks racing through the streets before dawn. Three hundred crack smoke eaters battling a block-square conflagration. That was the scene, a few weeks ago, when 3,000,000 feet of lumber in a big Brooklyn, N.Y., yard turned into
- Cox Medical Center MCCU- Springfield Missouri
1971 Cox Medical Center became one of the first hospitals in the nation with a Mobile Coronary Care Unit. This specially equipped ambulance was dispatched to provide immediate care to people in coronary distress.
- Terry Spurr, MBE
London Ambulance Service (LAS) museum curator Terry Spurr MBE has finally retired from the LAS aftermore than 43 years service. Here’s how it all started.
- 2001: Courage Under Fire- 9-11 Responders Show Their True Valor
Supplement to JEMS and FireRescue Magazines detailing the events of September 11, with personal interviews of EMS personnel who responded.
- 2001: 9/11 - Carlos Lillo/Ambulance 485
FDNY*EMS Ambulance 485, assigned to Paramedics Lillo and Abril on September 11.
- 9/11 - FDNY/ EMS/ NYPD Radio Transmissions
September 11 FDNY. FDNY*EMS, and NYPD radio transmissions.
- 2001: September 11 Memorial- FDNY*EMS EMS Academy
September 11 Memorial built by the instructors and students of the Bureau of Training.
- 2001: EMS Operations at the World Trade Center Attack
Powerpoint presentation made at the Yale Disaster Medicine Conference in September 2005 on EMS Operations at the World Trade Center.
- 2001: September 11-The Statue
Statue overlooking Ground Zero
- 2001: 9/11 NYC - Thoughts from the Scene
Handwritten Notes on 9-11
- 1990: Modern Ambulance Design
Modern ambulances and their design....
- 2001: Yamel Merino, EMT-P Metrocare/Montefiore Medical Center