This is a 3/4 ton Dodge vehicle, known as the WC-64 KD Ambulance. The box sides and top were designed so that they could be dropped into the cab frame and windshield for transport in a ship's cargo hold. Less than 3000 of these ambulances were produced during the early 1940's, and according to the Curator of the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles, Lexington, Nebraska, there are approximately 15 in existence today. This is believed to be one of five that have been fully restored.
Keywords: ambulance, military, WWII, Dodge
Last Revision Date: 4/19/07 - 8:49 PM